Would you agree that the simplest things are the tastiest? Our memories bring back summertime treat, when we used to crush strawberries with a fork or spoon, then served in a little bowl with sugar and sometimes cream, taste of childhood memories.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
The buttermilk gives a smooth texture and a sharpness that makes this drink distinctive.
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) hulled strawberries
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) grated orange peel
- 4 drops almond extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 cups (500 mL) buttermilk
- 2 small scoops strawberry ice cream
- 2 unhulled strawberries
In blender or food processor, combine first 5 ingredients and blend until smooth. Scoop ice cream into 2 tall glasses, fill with shake and garnish each glass with 1 unhulled strawberry. Serve immediately with a spoon.
Latest posts by Hicham RK (see all)
- Top 5 Tips For Pension Planning - March 11, 2014
- Why you should consider a wireless doorbell for your home - March 9, 2014
- 6 Effective Ways to Cope With Workplace Stress - March 8, 2014