Belkin is one of the popular router and modem manufacturers that allow the user to have its own home network. Now, every model of router comes with CD setups that help them to make everything possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a CD, you do not worry about it. This is because; the Belkin routers are the type of routers offered by the manufacturers who have a built-in web based utility. Commonly, the Belkin can also use the default IP address 192.168.2.1 that can be easily accessed in many cases. Below are the steps to find Belkin IP address:
- Type cmd from the start screen and press click to open the command prompt.
- Once the command prompt opens, you can type ipconfig and click the enter button on a keyboard.
- The command prompt screen shows the default gateway address in which the numbers are listed in series that ends like 0.1, 1.1 or 2.1.
- After that, you can open the login window and type the specific username and password to login.
According to this site 192.168.2.1 IP is the local default internet protocol address for many home broadband routers such as SMC models and Belkin router. This IP address can be highly used to configure the computer on a local network. If the Belkin router is using this default IP address, you just log into the router’s console from the local network by just giving a following address into the web browser such as http://192.168.2.1/
Steps to setup port forwarding on a Belkin router
In order to access your Belkin router, you need to know the IP address. The main thing is to enter this internet protocol address into a specific web browser, which allows you to administer the Belkin router’s setup features. If you don’t know the exact IP address, you just refer it in the manual instruction. In case, if you lost or change the IP address, you can easily find it with the command prompt in windows. Here are the important steps to setup the port forwarding on a Belkin router that includes:
- Initially, you have to connect the Ethernet cable to any one of the computer’s Ethernet port on a Belkin router.
- After that, you can make sure to check power on this Belkin router and wait for a few seconds to get the connection.
- Now, click on the Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> Command Prompt.
- After opening the command prompt, you can type “ipconfig/all” in that window and then click Enter button.
- Finally, you look for the Default Gateway below the Ethernet Adapter section in the resulting list of text.
How to resolve issues in the Belkin’s router?
Basically, the belkin’s router has built-in web based setup utilities that allow you to customize the settings and also setup the advanced properties. This will be useful for easily checking, configuring and also modifying the settings on a router. If you look for the ways to resolve issues while administering the Belkin router’s web based setup page, you should follow the steps given below:
- Initially, you should check whether the setup software is properly working or not.
- For specific applications, you need to install the advance configuration.
- You should also verify the settings of both local and wireless.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable has proper cable connection to connect your Belkin router and computer.
- You should also check whether your system has a valid internet protocol address and also able to communicate.
- Belkin router does not have default passwords, so you need to enter the correct password to log in.
Login details on Belkin router
According to 19216821ip.com when you login into the router, you need to have a default IP address and setup the router’s page using specific username and password. If you want to make changes in settings, you have to login with a password before making any changes. If you haven’t set a password, you can simply the password filed blank and then click on submit button. For security purposes, you need to setup the default password or change it depend on your router network device needs.
Hi, I am Masha Winget, a technology writer & blogger by profession. I love to write articles for many online communities, blogs, & websites related to computer tips & new technologies.