Check out this delicious recipe of pasta with a tasty meat sauce.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans of tomato paste
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the sausage, beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until well browned, drain the fat.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water.
- Add the sugar and season with basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Good appetite!