From the French cuisine, here’s a simple crepe recipe you can fill with whatever you want: chocolate, jam, fruit, powdered sugar…
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together sugar, baking powder, flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, then mix until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or a frying pan, lightly oiled, over medium high heat.
- Using 1/4 cup for each crepe, scoop the batter onto the griddle with a circular motion so that the batter coats evenly the surface.
- For about 2 minutes, cook the crepe until the bottom is light brown. Turn with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Stack the finished crepes by putting wax paper between each one.
- Cover the crepes with a dry cloth until you want to serve them.