- 3 turkey sausage links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth low sodium
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package of cheese tortellini
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven then add the onion.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add broth, water and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat, add the spinach, basil, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve with cheese if desired.
Yield: 6 servings